1.18.2011

Back to Basics......Craft Competition 2010!

Many of you are familiar with the annual craft competition my family participates in every year on Christmas Eve.  The anticipation and build up is the best part.....usually around September we say things like "Where can I get 20 light bulbs?  I need them for my craft this year...."  This leaves the other party wondering what the heck the craft could be that needs 20 light bulbs.  There is never a clear winner, we can't all agree on the same one.  We ask guests to decide and they are all to kind to award someone that title.

Without further ado......

Christmas Craft Competition 2010

   
The Matriarch
This would be a Christmas Card holder.  Unfortunately some of the clothespins fell off......but cute nonetheless.  The good news is it is enough slots for all the cards we got this year (ahem....).  Mimi was proud of her creation.



Matt and Bri Bri
If you cannot see the detail, they hand punched the sillhouette with little holes in sheet metal.  Overachievers.


Kay Kay and Nafin
One of my personal favorites, however I think we all lost brain cells because of the paint fumes.  Her unborn child may have a third arm.  It is a magazine tree, spray painted gold.  It was folded and sprayed with precision and felt very stable.  A for effort.



Yours Truly


My first attempt was a snow globe - FAIL.  Even after letting the paint cure for 50 hours, it seeped in the water.  The day before I came up with a great idea to exacto knife cut an image and lettering out of cardstock, mount text from a book behind it and give everyone a different one.  Mine says "Peace" includes a dove and the mounted text is out of MLK Jr's biography.  Fitting for the week!


Here is a reminder of last years:

My hot cocoa tray
KayKay's ribbon wreath


Matt and Bri Bri's Snowman hat centerpiece
Mimi's Triple Ho

I looked for a few years back....project for another day.







I am already thinking of next years.....dun dun dun.....

5 comments:

  1. OO - all great crafts!! Seriously - you cut those letters out with an exacto knife? Awesome!! What a neat idea, but they look so nice as a group of 4... I can picture someone hanging all 4 in a grouping.
    I just love this tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill - I may make a set next year and it was SO easy. No joke. The trick is silence and a sharp exacto knife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And PS, I love the new background for the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are already in the family Sherri, DUH! The background is foreshadowing my next post....

    ReplyDelete