9.12.2010

Meal Plan - I Really Need to Lose Weight

So, the scale sucks.  Many people say "it's inches that matter".  I think that's a load of crap.  It's the scale.  If I weighed 140 pounds, I know what my inches would look like.  My personal weight does not reflect the amount of calories I burn on a daily basis.  I run 12 miles per week minimum, I work out, I chase kids, I lift babies, I chase dogs, I bend and stretch, I clean, I move furniture, I drive kids to school - I am not a sitter.  I must be consuming too many of the wrong kind of calories.

I reached into the depths of my brain and pulled out my healthy eating rules....and I grocery shopped today.  I bought a healthy cart full of food and tried to sabotage myself with two Hershey bars as my reward for the week.  They both melted in my purse because it's 100 degrees outside.  I would still call it a loss, but a good loss....maybe in my thighs.

I normally put 3 spoonfuls of sugar in my coffee.  This past week was my "lower sugar" intake initiative.  I replaced 2 tablespoons with one tsp. of Truvia.  That has got to help.  This week, I am replacing Yoplait with Breyers.  I did not realize what a huge difference in sugars there were in yogurts which I considered comparable.

I also discovered a new website:  Sparkrecipes.com

Healthy recipes, over 10,000 vegan recipes alone (not that I am a Vegan, but a few Vegan meals per week is a great goal for us), and free membership with recipe box.  Love it.

Here is my meal plan for the week:

Sunday
B Thad's Italian Feast (Don't ask - Salami & yogurt crudite`)
L So good - Ham and Red Pepper wrap with side of carrots
D Red Beans and Sausage with Brown Rice

Monday
B Felicity Puffs  Yummy Breakfast Puff Recipe
L Wrap (from above) - Kids will have Peanut Butter Roll Ups
D Curry Chicken w/ Yellow Rice - Curry Recipe

Tuesday (Soccer Night)
B Pancakes
L Soup w/ Crackers
D Frozen Pizza (Home Run Inn!)

Wednesday (Mom's Gone for Dinner!)
B Homemade Blueberry Muffins
L Out For Lunch
D Slow Cooker Chicken Parm w/ whole grain pasta - Super Easy Chicken Parm

Thursday
B Waffles and Berries
L Asian Slaw - See How this goes (Kids get Lunchables for school)
D Make Your Own Tacos - Ground Beef

Friday
B Toast and Eggs
L Quesadillas
D Out to eat!  Mexican perhaps???

Let's see if I lose a pound!  ARGH! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I want to come eat at your house this week, Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck D! You can do it! And YES! The decrease in sugar will help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL....come on over! Thad told me to save leftovers. Even the baby ate last nights and tonights dinners....Tomorrow is cheat day...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh eating right is no fun, but you seem to making it yummy. Just like any other habit in about 2 weeks you'll be hooked on healthy eating, especially once you see those pounds shedding. Good luck and keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete