9.05.2010

Miller Meal Plan - September 5th

My goal is for this blog NOT to turn into a cooking blog, however most of the things I have been writing about are controversial and I figured until I can craft my writings to not offend people, I will stick to food.  I know not everyone shares the same opinions I do on many hot topics, so food it is for this week!  Offensive hot topics next week!

My favorite recipe EVER is on this weeks menu:

MY FAVORITE RECIPE

It sounds scary and your kids probably won't like it.  But it is on my short list labeled "awesome".

Here is this weeks dinner menu:

Sunday: My favorite recipe (above)
Monday: Potato & Goat Cheese Quesadilla's served with Guacamole and chips Quesadilla Recipe
Tuesday: Date night - kids having pizza
Wednesday: Risotto w/ Turkey Sausage: Risotto Recipe
Thursday: Goulash (see recipe below)
Friday: Chicken Paprika from last week.....I had to make a stroganoff instead last week, last minute game change.


This next recipe is a staple.  My mother made it every week and now I know why.  It's easy, it sticks to your ribs and it's economical.  Great dish if you have to feed a lot of people.  I served it for our last visitors who LOVED it.



Linda's "Ate it Once a Week"Goulash


1 pound Ground Beef
1 Pound Elbow Mac (you can use whole wheat or whole grain - just as good)
1 Jar of Prego (mid size jar)

In a large skillet, brown ground beef and season w/ salt, pepper and minced onion.  In the meantime boil water and cook elbow mac.  When beef is done, add sauce and simmer.  When pasta is done, drain and return to pot.  Carefully add sauce mixture to drained pasta.  Serve with garlic bread and parmesan cheese.  I am NOT a leftover person, but this does taste better the second day in my opinion!  So, make extra and save yourself a night of making dinner. 

Idea making....that's what I hope I have done for you this week!  Try the Martha Stewart chicken, it is SO good.  Smack your mama good.

DeAnna

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so the goulash sounds really yummy an dvery easy! We may try that! Thanks for sharing that one!

    ReplyDelete