7.10.2011

Recipe Management - Great Solution!

Hey ya'll......

I love the idea of electronic data storage and time management tools.  I still enjoy tangible management as well.  Those who know me well know of my obsession with textures.  Paper, fabrics, silky smooth to the touch - I love it.


Due to my love of culinary arts, I have collected many online recipes.  Some are definite repeats.  I also meal plan and make lists for the grocery store.  I combined both of those needs into a fun project.

Why is it fun?  You get to use a laminating machine!

What you need:

  • Printed recipes scaled down to 3x5 or 4x6 (you can cut them and laminate them back to back)
  • Hole punch
  • Laminating machine and laminating sleeves
  • O Rings
Laminate the recipes, hole punch a hole in a convenient corner, and slide on the O ring.

Those Chicken Flautas are tomorrows dinner...
Some other ideas.......I have my son sign his name at the bottom of a recipe if he likes it.  Then I laminate it.  That way I remember he liked it.  Eventually I will have an O ring for each category (Main Course, Appetizers, etc.), but for now I can pull this out, plan meals and the kids can flip through and pick meals they recognize or like!

I am in the process of making one for the kids....kid friendly meals, snacks broken up by food groups complete with photos.

Hope this inspires you efficient epicureans!

1 comment: