6.18.2010

Let me introduce myself...

As many of you know, I am on Facebook a lot.  I attribute that to two pregnancies on bedrest which led me to online socializing.  A habit was formed which I cannot shake.  What I am finding is that I need more space and a larger forum to post my ideas.  So, here it is.  The birth of a blog.

I am a mother of three, a wife to one...sometimes mother of four and a wife to none (he accuses me of mothering everyone)!  I laugh with him, not at him.  I have worn many hats, but a domestic goddess/domestic negotiator seems to fit

My strengths are in creative outlets.  I used to write - a lot.  After my English 103 professor told me to rewrite my poetry, I looked for a new way to channel my creative abilities.  I left Chicago and moved to San Diego, San Francisco and settled in Charleston, South Carolina.....along the way I stumbled into interior design and tumbled into recruiting.  I then backflipped back into interior design after 7 years in staffing and also earned a Bachelors Degree in Communication Studies.  I quietly snuck back out of interior design in 2005 after my son was born. 

In 2007 I opened my own childrens accessory business DemiDesigns ( De for DeAnna and mi for Miller - duh!) demidesigns.etsy.com.  Being a mother, wife and relentless designer is where I get my ideas from.  I design fabric while driving, I draw patterns while cooking, I cook while holding babies.....

I hope you enjoy my ideas.  It took me awhile to start this blog - I wanted to ensure that I could follow through with what my initial plan was and there is no better gift or time then the present.

Hope you enjoy the ride!

DeAnna

1 comment: